The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pedestrian

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
It becomes somewhere between a photograph and a painting.
Since i used to do a lot of watercolor, I have no problem with that as long as there is no "photo journalistic" pretext.
-bob

Lili

It becomes somewhere between a photograph and a painting.
Since i used to do a lot of watercolor, I have no problem with that as long as there is no "photo journalistic" pretext.
-bob
I cannot disagree with you on that Bob. Even back in film we cropped, dodged and burned. Where is the objective reality in that? So I cannot wail at manipulations of any kind. In truth the original version was rotated and cropped since I had to get the GRD out, turned on, set and shoot very fast to catch this. I am surprised it came out so sharp!
In the end, for me and the limits I set for myself, I prefer this version.

It comes closest to what I saw and felt at the time. The evening light was glorious, the red of the brick at that place called to me, as ever, like a wonderful canvas on which to create and there was finally someone walking there!

Last edited:

cam

i disagree about the timing. it works because he is lost in the shadows.... lost but still seen. it makes it mysterious.