The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony RX10Mk3

dhsimmonds

Anyone taken a look at this bridge camera yet?
It gets a good review in the current recent Amateur Photographer magazine.
With the 1" sensor and Zeiss high quality 24-600 equivalent zoom lens they reckon it is a very viable equivalent to a DSLR. At £1249 launch price it should be!

Even though I've got a cupboard full of FF cameras and lenses, I still find this intriquing as a travel camera. The price holds me back though; if it was closer to $1200, I probably would have already gotten one.

As you say, the reviews are quite good. (DPReview just posted theirs recently too.)

dhsimmonds

This camera looks seriously good! Unfortunately it hasn't arrived yet in the UK but I shall be seriously considering it when it does. August 3rd is the earliest estimated date at the moment.

dhsimmonds

At last I have my RX10iii and what a joy it is to use. I recently spent a day in the New Forest 'shooting' wildlife and I am surprised with the accuracy and speed of focusing of this camera. Early days still but I am really hoping that this camera could replace two Oly system compact cameras and a bag full of heavy lenses. Two bodies because sometimes animals have a habit of being far away one minute and right alongside the next. So instead of a long tele on one body and a wide lens on the other, I can zoom the RX10iii out to 600mm equiv. and back wide should the need arise far quicker than changing camera's. I have set the zoom ring to it's fastest speed to facilitate this. All of this and the camera wasn't tiring to use all day......bliss!