The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Barcelona and LX3

E

EWR72

Had a great week in Barcelona and also enjoyed taking the LX3 along. It was always with me and I managed to try out various settings. Also took along my 350D with just the 50mm 1.8 lens to keep the weight down but used the LX3 the majority of the time. Really liked the Dynamic B&W and the wide-angle macro. Managed to get a Yashica viewfinder off E-bay which arrived the morning before we left. Came in handy a few times with bright sunlight. Will try to put up a few shots. Here´s one of my favourites from the week.

kweide

... doggy cool.... great

Don´t let that pink thing go to the loo :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

E

EWR72

Here is another one from Barcelona taken inside the cathedral´s courtyard located in El Barrio Gotic.

E

EWR72

This one was taken from the top of the "Mirador de Colom" in 16:9 format. I added a Tilt/shift or minature effect.

DavidE

Excellent use of the tilt-shift effect. Works especially well with the wide format. Half expecting Godzilla to appear from the right side of the frame.

C

cabo

This one was taken from the top of the "Mirador de Colom" in 16:9 format. I added a Tilt/shift or minature effect.
I'm curious about how you produced the selective sharpness effect. I tried it with Photoshop (blurred layer and gradient masks) but never got a satisfying result.

Cheers

Carsten

Rawfa

How did you manage to get this Tilt/shift effect? Is it a photoshop plugin or did you do it with layers?