The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

dp1 theater photoshoot

simonclivehughes

Wayne, they are all a little dark for my taste but I'm not sure if this is exactly what you are intending. Perhaps you could open up the shadows a bit and see if that works better.

Cheers,

simonclivehughes

Wayne,

Personally, I think these lighter ones work better but still have the impact you were liking. There are still enough blacks to give that heightened contrast. Looks good!

Ciao,

Will

Nothing like as good as yours Wayne but they are on theme.
My daughter in her school play.

All cropped DP1 iso between 200 and 800

smokysun

thanks, will. these are very nice! the dp2 faster lens and higher iso might be just the ticket. and i did choose mostly the dark pics to put up at the theater today. (show opens tonite.) shot the dress rehearsal with the 5d and 17-40 4.0L lens last night. i've been playing around with some of them. shot at 640 iso. it felt less of an effort than using the dp1, but the dp1 gave a certain kind of detailed file i liked.

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Last edited:

smokysun

a plugin junkie, i've downloaded several more systems and tried them:

tiffen dfx

alien skin exposure 2

dxo film pack

efex silver

the imaging factory bw pro

auto fx mystical tcc (which i already have. great plugin, though slow processing)

all of these have trials. the tiffen interesting. still find the efex color pro 3 the best layout and the most for my money. most of what you can do in their silver you can do in pro 3, except finer local control in the silver.

posted a bunch more of the this theater shoot:

www.pbase.com/wwp/inish

www.pbase.com/wwp/inish2

Last edited: