The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Beijing to Lhasa

rayyan

By train. Climbing to an altitude of of around 4500 mts from 45 mts in Beijing is not for people who have pulmonary issues.
It is the train that travels at the highest altitude.

My wife, thankfully, does not suffer from such issues. She booked a sleeper carriage and off she went...

Opposite the passenger is an altitude, temperature, distance and time display ( not shown here ).
The two tubular openings are for oxygen. This is pumped to keep the pressure normalized. One can also connect a personal tube to open and close the flow as required.
There are the normal controls for lights, channels/volume.

A journey of a lifetime; or so I am told.

rayyan

Thanks Jorgen.

I have a strong feeling, you will have a wonderful time there. And you Live literally on PRC's footsteps :D
Just remember in addition to the PRC visa, you need a special permission to go to Tibet, before you arrive in the PRC. Check the dates of your proposed arrival. As Tibet is sometimes closed to foreigners.

Main Residence of the Dalai Lama, Lhasa, Tibet​

Take care.

This is good inspiration, a journey I must consider.

rayyan

Besides architecture and astounding landscapes, there are other wonderful sights to see and engage in/with.

Shashin

My wife and I went to Tibet for our honeymoon. At that time, the train went as far as a place called Golmund, famous for being the largest potash producer in China. We then needed to spend about 48 hours on a mini bus to get to Lhasa.

rayyan

Jorgen, Matt, Will...:salute:

Will, a beautiful location for a honeymoon..I am sure.

Pilgrims​