The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

nikon wide for dp1

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Interesting Wayne.
Could you explain how the lens works.

What is the fstop comp?
Does AF work?
Is the image accurate on the screen?
How about attachment and then weight/balance?

Inquiring minds want to know....
thanks in advance.....

smokysun

hi don,
it screws on with the 52 step-up ring. it comes with great caps and hood and a holding bag. you do have to get the step-up ring separately.
it probably weighs about the same as the camera, so the balance between the two is fine, holding it by the extension.
af is very accurate. the manual seemed off a bit, so all these shot in af.
not sure how many stops it swallows. say one to be sure. a bright, overcast day.
seems pretty sharp edge to edge. and yes, the screen is accurate. which is good, cause you have to use the screen. no vf will see over it. the first time i've turned the lcd screen up to bright and it helped a lot.
actually, a beautiful piece of glass.
alas, i'm falling more and more in love with black and white. this forum is responsible for it, plus my love of classical photographs.
any other questions?
best, wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

ps. a small investment. you can always send it back. i just think as much as you love the camera every extra bit of interest.

Last edited: