The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

ricoh cx1 dr shot

O

Oxide Blu

Yes! Look at the light bulbs glowing, the detail in the sky behind them, and the detail in the sign below them.

You need to click on the [all sizes] button to see the image bigger, more detail.

I'd like to see an image like that side by side with one from a cx1 and one from a dp1.

fordfanjpn

I looked at all the samples on Flickr, but for me the jpeg artifacts are much too obvious. If the camera did raw, I'd be interested, but since it's jpeg only, I'll pass. Still waiting for the DP2.

Bill

O

Oxide Blu

Yeah, if the jpeg was cleaner, and there is no reason why it can't be, the raw wouldn't be as necessary. But as Bill mentioned, the lack of control over the artifacts negates the value of the HDR function.