The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Japan

bensonga

On my trip to Washington DC in October I was fortunate to see a collection of modern Japanese photographs at the Sackler Gallery. I am embarrassed to admit this was my first real exposure to the work of photographers from Japan. Seeing those photographs sparked my interest further. My wife was born in Japan and performs with a Japanese taiko drumming group, so I suppose that contributed to my interest as well.

I recently purchased a reprint of the 3 issues of the Japanese PROVOKE magazine (1968-1969).

https://www.bjp-online.com/2018/11/50-years-since-provoke/

In the spirit of PROVOKE, I reprocessed a few of my images from a 2015 trip to Holland/Amsterdam. Why these photos? I don't really know. They just seemed like the right ones to me.

Gary

Windmills. Canon G16, processed with SilverEfex Pro.