The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

fuji f200exr review

Lisa

Thanks very much for the link. I've been waiting for a good review of it, because I'm thinking of finally replacing my F30 with one. My main complaint about the F30 was the lack of either raw mode or sufficient dynamic range, so too many of my photos with it had blown-out parts, and the high dynamic range mode should really help with that.

Lisa

M

Michaela N.

I just bought one... They arrived today, I could of ordered it on-line but drove into Munich and bought one for 327€ ... the battery is currently loading and trying to get through the manual. I will not have time to use it tonight but looking forward to tomorrow where I will test it.

I have a 4 day return policy, if on monday I don't like it for whatever reason I can return it and get a refund.

And you know what, it looks like a real camera, small but genuine, no fancy stuff, design stripes and unimaginative logo-****, it looks real. Old fashioned maybe to some, but I like this.... and it is quite small.....

Btw. the salesman told me the store has had one for 2 weeks and he actually took it out for a weekend and found it a great camera for normal point and shoot Jpegs .... I informed wether I should buy the LX3 instead, or any other camera he had in stock and he said I would be perfectly happy with the 200. However being a salesman myself I tested him out further and asked if maybe a DSLR would solve my problem, money was not a real issue blablabla ... he of course told me the differences between DSLR's and POS but assured me that the 200 would be a great buy.... I conformed him genuine...

About the LX3 he said that it needs PP'ing to reach it's best results and the 200 would out-do it straight out of cam.

Last edited:

Lili

Michael,
Let us know how you like it! Thanks for posting the review, it pretty much confirms my expectations.
The High DR and the improved controls make it well worth the price!

iiiNelson

About the LX3 he said that it needs PP'ing to reach it's best results and the 200 would out-do it straight out of cam.
That can be said about every camera but all of the D-Lux 4/ LX3 photos I posted have minimal post processing. Usually just a color conversion, and sometimes I minimize the sharpening because sometimes the images come out too sharp to me.

Some others have posted straight out of the camera images and the unprocessed images are fine as long as the photographer does their part. Congrats on the new camera and I hope you like it. Post some pictures when you can. :)

Amin

I ordered mine after reading that review. It looks to be a major step forward in DR for subcompact cameras.

I'm looking forward to seeing how 6MP 800% DR in-camera B&W images come out.

mazor

would be nice to see a comparison of Dynamic range achieved from this F200 vs say LX3 RAW converted file.

MAzor

N

nei1

Amin,Id be very very interested to see how it compares to tri-x,is that a possibility?thanks.............Neil

Amin

Neil,

When I shoot film, it is generally C41, but I'll see what I can do. It may take a while though.

Best,
Amin

N

nei1

kind of you to even consider it Amin,would be interesting though the 6 megapixel DR mode against say tri x at 800 asa where it would be more or less an even match,all the best,........Neil.

M

Michaela N.

I have been using the 200 for 2 days now, printed some 25 images of which 6 large and I must say I am very pleased with the result.

I don't have the tech background to explain the what, how's and why's but I set it to autoiso 400 with 400d-thingie and in 6mpeg basic mode as explained on many web sites and the results are fantastic.

I never look very much at the screen image but I go for prints, and these are great, I personally like the Astia setting.

I will not return the camera for it's a no-nonsense "just-shoot" point and shoot, you can't influence anthing much, but this is what this camera is all about isn't it....

Simple shooting, no worry settings and I would say 100% satisfaction.

I will PP some images and see if I can post them here, but they need to be perfect first :) ...

All in all quite expensive, but just about worth it in my opinion. The indoor images turn out great, the white balance is pretty good and the IS is OK, not state of the art but good enough for 1/8th and common sense.

Nice one Fuji!

Amin

Michaela, I pretty much feel the same way. I received mine yesterday and have been very happy leaving it on those same settings. Nothing to post yet; hopefully soon.