The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony RX0

V

Vivek

I did not say that I will pay €850! :toocool:

(That is the price of a FF Sony camera.)

iiiNelson

Looks like a good action cam or crash cam option but I agree that the $700 USD is a bit out of touch with competing camera options (GoPro, Garmin VIRB, etc.) which are mostly in the $250-500 range. The ability to shoot S-LOG2 is great for crash cam work especially for those already using cameras such as the FS5/7 series or the A7R/S series. I'd assume that the IQ would also be better than the competition but price will probably limit the commercial success with those that will cross shop brands.

iiiNelson

Cool gadget, but pricey. For my use, I would much rather have a Blackmagic Micro:

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicmicrocinemacamera
Not a bad camera and it's likely more flexible due to the lens mount. The Blackmagic costs significantly more though and they aren't known for their high ISO performance... then there's the issue of them taking liberties for how many stops of dynamic range they actually capture. Typically Arri (around 16 stops) is at the top of the pack, followed by Red, Panasonic, and Sony Cinema cameras (around 14-15 stops).