The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Other phones

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
There are new phones being launched all the time, so instead of starting a thread for my specific phone that wil probably be burried deep down on the server within days or weeks, here's one for all those other phones.

LG K10, b&w conversion in-camera

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
New phone, AGM X2 SE, built after IP68 and MIL-STD-810G standards. Hopefully, it won't break :ROTFL:

Dual cameras too. No idea how that works, except for blurring the background in portrait mode. I accidently left it in portrait mode for this photo, which feels quite right; stony past, unclear future :)

ptomsu

Workshop Member
New phone, AGM X2 SE, built after IP68 and MIL-STD-810G standards. Hopefully, it won't break :ROTFL:

Dual cameras too. No idea how that works, except for blurring the background in portrait mode. I accidently left it in portrait mode for this photo, which feels quite right; stony past, unclear future :)
Seems to be a killer smartphone - and ticks almost all of the boxes :thumbup:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Seems to be a killer smartphone - and ticks almost all of the boxes :thumbup:
I've had it for a few weeks now, and it's indeed a great phone. A bit heavy at around 250g, but fast, easy to use, enormous battery, great screen. I'm very happy with it.

The camera is great in daylight, excellent colours, contrast and detail, not equally strong at night, but that's what I have "real" cameras for.

http://agmmobile.com/en

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I've found one disadvantage regarding the camera though, and I don't know if there's any way around it:

When viewed on the phone or on social media, the colours and contrast are excellent. However, when I open the photos in Photoshop, the colours tend to look pale and yellowish. There's apparently little information in the jpeg files, making editing difficult. I haven't found a way to change the jpeg compression, but will come back to that if I find a solution.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
More from the X2 SE. For some reason, I enjoy the camera(s) on this phone a lot. I even do the post processing "in-phone".

Gray day at the beach with the kids yesterday. I brought extra clothes, so they could do what they wanted, which ended up being digging for shells and tiny crabs hiding in the sand. Seafood at a bamboo shack right behind when the tide rose.

Oh... and the grain is from the post processing. Trying out effects now. In a way, I'm back to ancient times, when the mood and the memories won over grain and exact colours always :)

scho

A few shots from the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip5 on a walk around the arboretum ponds. I like the design of the camera and some of the features (like voice command shutter release that I used for these). Image quality is OK, but not as good as my iPhone 14 Pro. I hope Apple willl do something like this flip phone. The rectangular glass brick is getting old.

scho

Just another footnote. If you select "Pro" mode when using the camera you have the option of setting several aspect ratios. I used 1:1 for the shots above. If you like wide there are a few choices there as well . Below is "Ultrawide" mode with a 22:9 ratio. There is also 16:9 etc. The wide options are best used with the camera unfolded to "normal" full width rectangular format .

Last edited:

scho

This shot in 1:1 mode was 9 MP out of camera. Upscaled 2x in Topaz GP AI to yield a 36 MP TIFF which was then reduced 50% for jpeg export to Flickr.

scho

Walk along waterfront in Stewart Park at south end of Cayuga Lake.

High rent purple martin apartments on this side of creek and a low rent single family Osprey nest pole on opposite side of creek.

Last edited:

scho

A new, upscale spa in Aurora, NY. First place I've seen more than one Rolls Royce in a rural parking lot.

Autumn decoration in the Mackenzie Childs courtyard in Aurora, NY