The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Wonky finder

fordfanjpn

I have been finding that when I use the Voigtlander viewfinder on the DP1 my horizons are always tilted a bit. I assumed that I was doing something wrong, but yesterday I tried it on another camera and got the same result, so I assume the framelines in the finder are rotated slightly. Is it safe to assume that if I send it back to Cosina they can sort it out for me? In the meantime I guess I'll go back to using the LCD. That's OK though because I'm going to want to compare the LCD on the DP1 to the one on the DP2, so I should probably get used to using it again.

That's my Monday morning babble. I think I need some coffee. :(

Bill

fordfanjpn

Hmmmmm, let's see....I ain't got enuff to worry about.

I will check some images and see .....
If you haven't noticed any problems, you're probably OK. I have been straightening all my images without really giving much thought as to why they were tilted. But the other day I shot something that was really straight and square, and when I checked the shot, it was not level at all. So I knew something was wrong. Oh well, hopefully the 40mm finder for the DP2 will be OK.

Bill

popum

I had the frame lines go completely askew in a CV finder. Took it back to the dealer and he just handed me a new one. Apparently this is not an isolated case.

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Bill,
My finder is fine but then again I hardley ever make a
level horizon......If I line it up on a vertical line it's fine...
more like Winogrand....
Don

fordfanjpn

Bill,
My finder is fine but then again I hardley ever make a
level horizon......If I line it up on a vertical line it's fine...
more like Winogrand....
Don
I guess yours is fine then. If I line mine up on a vertical, everything will be tilted to the right. So it looks like the finder is going back to Cosina.

Bill