The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

examples Sigma DP1

Status
Not open for further replies.

7ian7

Wow, I didn't get that at all from Lili's post.

I'm frequently transfixed by the beauty of images made by non-professionals using cameras that are entirely automatic.

The GX100 doesn't excel in that arena, so the Fuji sounds like a generous recommendation; an inexpensive alternative for those not committed to RAW, who are interested in hassle-free snapping.

Lili

Wow, I didn't get that at all from Lili's post.

I'm frequently transfixed by the beauty of images made by non-professionals using cameras that are entirely automatic.

The GX100 doesn't excel in that arena, so the Fuji sounds like a generous recommendation; an inexpensive alternative for those not committed to RAW, who are interested in hassle-free snapping.
Ian,
Your take is correct.
Eileen does some lovely work with her Fuji.
For me my GRD is much better fit.

woodyspedden

How could you not be in trouble with such a pointed and negative response.

If you have suggestions as to how she may better understand the technicalities of photography instead of dissing her for her "deficiencies" then you will have helped someone instead of putting them down.

All in all a sad statement about inflated egos

Woody Spedden

P

Player

How could you not be in trouble with such a pointed and negative response.

If you have suggestions as to how she may better understand the technicalities of photography instead of dissing her for her "deficiencies" then you will have helped someone instead of putting them down.

All in all a sad statement about inflated egos

Woody Spedden
Was this directed at me? If so, lighten up!

I'm shocked at the negativity towards me.

I'm seeing sad statements about people taking themselves WAY too seriously.

I wasn't dissing anyone, and certainly not Lili. I have no idea who she was talking about, and I know that Lili meant exactly what she said.

Hey, I thought it was humorous, that's all. Nothing more and nothing less.

S

Sean_Reid

Just a reminder...and I speak generally here...for now <G>

This is a friendly forum about photography. We can be confident that anyone who trolls, cannot respect the rules etc. will be warned and/or banned. So I would encourage people not to get pulled in by the various kinds of bait that often gets put out on forums. It can end up being a waste of time both for the people who get pulled into it and for anyone trying to read a given thread.

As for any personal disagreements that really aren't about photography - don't forget that PMs and e-mails are great ways to have private conversations that really should be *private* conversations.

Jack and Guy are not at their computers 24/7 but they get things sorted out as needed as soon as they get a chance. And let's remember that we all treat each other respectfully here.

Cheers,

Sean

P

Player

Just a reminder...and I speak generally here...for now <G>

This is a friendly forum about photography. We can be confident that anyone who trolls, cannot respect the rules etc. will be warned and/or banned. So I would encourage people not to get pulled in by the various kinds of bait that often gets put out on forums. It can end up being a waste of time both for the people who get pulled into it and for anyone trying to read a given thread.

As for any personal disagreements that really aren't about photography - don't forget that PMs and e-mails are great ways to have private conversations that really should be *private* conversations.

Jack and Guy are not at their computers 24/7 but they get things sorted out as needed as soon as they get a chance. And let's remember that we all treat each other respectfully here.

Cheers,

Sean
Don't worry, nothing needs to be sorted out. It is what it is.

Here I was just trying to add a little humor to a very droll thread hoping I had hit someone's funny bone. Apparently I missed the mark. Oh well, live and learn. No disrespect intended.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Hi everyone just walked in the door from driving all day with Jack from Moab so just catching up here . First off everyone let's settle down a little here . I already had several complaints on Stanmi and Lucridders and following our policy with regards to complaints and such and past history both of them have been removed from the forum. We simply had no choice and i had to do it on a Iphone driving home. Not my idea of fun folks. This camera has caused a stir around here from what I can gather and it seems to stem from where it should reside. frankly i have no idea if this belongs in 4/3rds or Small sensor. For now let's post about it in other camera's and we can figure out it's home and can move it to it's real home after we figure out where it belongs . LOL. I am going to just close this thread , just because it makes sense to me and I maybe wrong but i just think it is a good idea. Peace and harmony rule the day on this forum and we all know how much we like that here on this forum so from my seat just seems the right thing to do. i edited some comments and such but I'm too tired to deal with it now. I think after i had to ban two people from this thread alone enough is enough and let's just move on to something more important. Sorry if you disagree with my actions but we have close to 600 members and Jack and I will do what is best for the members at large. Enjoy the rest of the weekend and let's start this camera off on a better foot. Thanks Guy

Also thanks to Sean and others that have sent PM's and reports to us. This is important and we appreciate it very much, Jack and I have just finished our Moab workshop and we were very busy teaching and shooting so we were a little left out on the forum at large so we are sorry we could not react a little faster to this issue with these two individuals. Frankly they both knew the score when signing up and it's there own doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.