Site Sponsors

Thread: Some V-Lux-1 Pictures

Mitch Alland

Some V-Lux-1 Pictures

The Leica V-Lux-1/Panasonic FZ50 doesn't hasn't had much discussion. I bought one when someone on the LUF offered me his at a very good price; and I was attracted the idea of a maximum 420mm EFL with the depth of field of a 90mm lens. Although I haven't used it much I find it to be a very capable camera with quite accurate white balance for colour shots in daylight and tungsten and mixed light as well.

I took it with me on my recent trip to Namibia because I expected to spend a three-day weekend at a game park, which unfortunately wasn't to be, which means that I was able to take very few pictures in Namibia. Here are a few V-Lux-1 shots that I've printed:

Namibia

Washington, DC

Sydney

Bangkok

As I rarely shoot at heavy telephoto range — the Sydney shot is the only one I shot at 420mm EFL — I'm most likely will sell this camera when I go to Paris in April,

—Mitch/Bangkok
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Some V-Lux-1 Pictures

Nice .......BUT I still see you as a RICOH man
    Somehow you & Ricoh make Magic
    all the Best ! H

Post Thanks / Like

I do love that Sydney shot - very evocative; it reminds me of trudging off to work in the early morning hours, many years ago (its impossible to take such a magnificent harbour for granted).

Mitch Alland

Thank, Kai. I took that picture from the 23rd floor of the Four Seasons Hoyel at sunrise with a fog that made things very flat. Pushing the contrast increased the grain enourmously, even at ISO 200.

—Mitch/Bangkok
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

i might be interested in buying it if i have any money left. it was the camera i was originally looking at when all your posts turned me on to the GRD. talk about night and day! while i owe you gratitude forever for the GRD, i still need a zoom now and again... before you put it up, let me know.

Sun

The last image looks like B&W HDR.. she has an interesting black halo.