Site Sponsors

Thread: Still waiting

D upton-Hackett.

Still waiting

Have been informed that due to unexpected orders for LX3 Panasonic have run out and will have to await shipment from Japan.
    Maybe 4 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Still waiting

This shows how much this very same camera but with 4/3 sensor would make a killing !!!
    ..... and we are waiting for it for a very long time now !!!

Beto

A vendor on Amazon has it in stock for $749 (!). Why would anybody bite when you can get a Leica D-Lux 4 (essentially the same camera) for $699?

I think I will wait until there is a good supply and the price comes down to around $400.

Post Thanks / Like

my LX3 is rocking! been amazing we machine. Complements my 5D

Post Thanks / Like

I can feel your frustration having to wait, see my post earlier this year http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4502

Seem this camera is popular, but more worry is this global economic situation might mean that manufacturers are scaling back, so stuff will be harder to get?

Oxide Blu

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post

Seem this camera is popular, but more worry is this global economic situation might mean that manufacturers are scaling back, so stuff will be harder to get?
    You are 100% spot on. It is more significant than most folks realize. Panasonic has shut down 22 factories globally, most in Asia (China), some in Europe.

D upton-Hackett.

Quote Originally Posted by mazor View Post
    my LX3 is rocking! been amazing we machine. Complements my 5D
    Thanks mazor that fills me with confidence
    I hate being impatient

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beto View Post
    A vendor on Amazon has it in stock for $749 (!). Why would anybody bite when you can get a Leica D-Lux 4 (essentially the same camera) for $699?

I think I will wait until there is a good supply and the price comes down to around $400.
    It was that way a couple of months ago and that's why I got the D-Lux 4. Everyone reputable that I checked who had the LX3 in stock were price gouging. Apparently there was a supplier issue with it then too along with the G1. I noticed that Black G1 have been creeping back up in price (to about $700 on average) at many online resellers after being available for $600 at many places.
    Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D upton-Hackett. View Post
    Have been informed that due to unexpected orders for LX3 Panasonic have run out and will have to await shipment from Japan.
    Maybe 4 weeks.
    same with HiredArm, i part of the reason i the D-Lux 4 was because i didn't think the LX3's will be in stock anytime soon seeing that most retailers are out.

D upton-Hackett.

The D-Lux 4 is fab piece of kit at around 150 dearer than LX3, I'll hang on. That is a little to much difference for the sake of a name badge.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Well there's also the Capture One 4 software...

Post Thanks / Like

I found the D-Lux 4 available from Robert White in the UK with the optional Leica leather case included free for about $700. That makes the price difference between the two cameras much smaller (C1 , non pro version, sells for $129 and the Leica leather case for about $145). Not sure how any import tax would play into this. HTH

Paul

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

3 year warranty and a nice looking exterior too if that matters to you.

D upton-Hackett.

By the way HiredArm took a peek at your flickr photos Very nice, presume that's your D-lux 4

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

By the way HiredArm took a peek at your flickr photos Very nice, presume that's your D-lux 4
    Thank you. Those are actually pictures from my now sold Canon 300D SLR with the exception of the picture of me that I use for an avatar. That's from my cell phone. I have some D-Lux 4 "test shots" in my gallery from when I first got the camera.

D upton-Hackett.

Red face Re: Still waiting

Quote Originally Posted by HiredArm View Post
    Thank you. Those are actually pictures from my now sold Canon 300D SLR with the exception of the picture of me that I use for an avatar. That's from my cell phone. I have some D-Lux 4 "test shots" in my gallery from when I first got the camera.
    Whoops

Beto

Maybe 4 weeks.
    Dell offers the silver LX3 for $429.99 but it takes 3-5 weeks to ship. To me that means they do not have it in stock, want to get your order, maybe even charge your credit card, and take their sweet time procuring one:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...88&lid=1022061