The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Panasonic TS1

Terry

Tim,
I am going to get you the video. Yesterday when I went to take it, the camera said it stopped writing because the card was too slow. Strange. That card was an 8gb Transcend Class 6 which I thought would be fine. I didn't buy this card, it was sent to me when I purchased another camera so I don't know its history. I will find another fast card to give it a try.

Terry

So no underwater stuff. LOL

Looks very nice like we all drove down there after the Carmel workshop
It was a user problem for no underwater....I was wearing hiking boots and the only way to get a shot was to really step in. I need to get some aqua shoes or something better. Stepping on the rocks in bare feet seemed a bit risky with the stuff growing/living on them.

Yes, conditions were somewhat similar but the fog was certainly lurking as you can see. I have my mother in town visiting so it was a nice ride to take her on.

O

Oxide Blu

Did you see any of the estimated 50,000 bicycles that were in the Monterey/Carmel area for the Sea Otter Classic weekend?

P

paslag

Could you post some indoor / low light pictures ? I would like to know if this camera can take good standard indoor shots....

B

Bill Wilby

I am looking forward to receiving my first stock of TS1 tomorrow. I will have blue and the cost in Canadian dollars 460.00 I have been stocking the Pentax WR cameras and am excited to now have a Panasonic to offer as a alternative. I can't wait to get an orange one for myself.

Terry

OK! Here are the low light shots. I didn't get this camera for low light shooting. This will take a couple of posts and I will put my thoughts at the end.

First two in decent light the second two I was trying to see what would happen in the shadow areas with the dark backsplash and the edge of the stove

Very close focus - just a couple of cm's

ISO 400 f3.3 1/10
View attachment 15235

ISO 400 f3.3 1/13
View attachment 15236

ISO 400 f3.3 1/8
View attachment 15237

ISO f3.3 1/8
View attachment 15238

Noise pretty clearly visible

ISO 1600 f5.9 1/8
View attachment 15239

Last edited:

Terry

So, Obviously you don't want to be venturing too far into high ISO at anything but smaller snapshots with this camera. I was playing with the flash last night and it does seem to give good exposures. I will do some flash shots soon. My apartment is sort of embarrassing as I don't have any photos/art on the walls yet....yikes.

P

paslag

Thanks for these indoor shots. From my viewpoint, pictures until ISO 400 look OK, maybe a bit too soft. Now I consider buying this camera for my next trip! :)