The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

In praise of the new iPhone SE

peterb

Save for a few shots for a "rough draft" or "reference shot" on projects, or a quick snap on the fly when I didn't have a regular camera handy (which I suppose is the chief argument for having a camera in your phone) I haven't used a phone for a lot of photos.

That's about to change with the SE which I got yesterday.

Admittedly tiny (which I LOVE since I hated phones approaching iPad sizes) it packs quite a wallop.

Because it effectively steals the same processor as the iPhone X and has a 12MP camera with an f1.8 lens (f2.2 on the front) that produces very impressive images.

The pano of the Blue Ridge Mountains where I remain holed up for the moment during the pandemic came in at a whopping 32MB (reduced here for easier uploading). According to PS prints at 300 dpi could be 12" x 25" and at 240 dpi 16" x 31.5".

All for a LOT less than the iPhone X ($399 vs $1K).

Attachments

Last edited:

peterb

This was taken in "Portrait" mode which admittedly uses a little software trickery to sandwich two images together. But WOW!

IMG_4566 copy.jpg