The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Flash for GRDII... recommendations?

simonclivehughes

Has anyone tried the Leica SF 24D flash with the GRDII? I'm trying to find a smallish flash that I can use with this camera. I bought the 24D for my M8s, but in fact more often than not, I'm using my Nikon SB80DX, handheld with an off-camera cord. Using that setup with the GRDII is just ludicrous though... it's bigger than the darn camera!

Just as an aside, when I ordered my GRDII this morning from Tony, he mentioned that he had seen (and held) the DP1, but what he was really interested in was a new, smaller Sigma flash for the DP1. He's trying to find out if it will work with the GRD.

For the most part, I try just to use available light for shooting, and this is one reason I went for the GRDII to have the higher available and usable ISO. Any other suggestions or advice?

C

Colman

I'm happy with the Metz 20 C-2, as are some others. There's a Sunpak flash that's popular too. Both in auto mode, without TTL, obviously.