The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GRD II Car Window Shots

H

helgipelgi

I'd love to see a series of landscapes shot through wet glass like this

simonclivehughes

I'd love to see a series of landscapes shot through wet glass like this
I attended a workshop with Jay Maisel (Light, Gesture & Color) last year and one of his posters is exactly this. He was sitting in his car, wondering when the rain would stop and suddenly realized that this was the picture. The shot is a lovely color impressionistic landscape with the rain coming down at a 45º angle. He shot focussed on the window.

Cheers,

Will

Really nice images Mitchell, especially the first and last.

This one is little off topic but it is a car window!

Last edited:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
This is pushing things a bit too far perhaps, but it was shot from a moving car window. Two shots actually, combined and well... worked pretty hard. Kind of interesting though.

cam

i have some interesting night shots somewhere (but i'm supposed to be packing). anyways, here's a trifle from paris:

Lili

Wow, I didn't think there were any Ford Falcons still running!
I know, right?
Especially in Dallas Afternoon rush hour!
That was one reason I chose B&W.
Another reason to love the GR's, they are wonderful for pre and post visualization in B&W :thumbup:

W

wbrandsma

I have seen many great car window shots. This is a car window shot though it was made with the GX100.

Speed in kilometers :angel:

Otto

Ah, there are lots of Falcons still running, and being lovingly restored by many enthusiasts. There is a Falcon club, and there is a national meet held each year, as well as several regional meets put on by various chapters. I am currently restoring/updating a 1970 Falcon, the last of the U.S. breed prior to the larger, final, 1970 1/2 Torino bodied Falcon. I've included a link to some of my photos before, and during, disassembly, if anyone is interested. Mine is almost ready for body and paint. Falcons are still being produced in Australia.

http://photos.thetreasureleague.com/1970_Falcon.htm

By the way, I really enjoyed all of the photos in this thread. Although I don't own a Ricoh at the moment, that could change down the road after I see how the DP1 shakes out.

Good shooting,
Otto...

Lili

Wouters,
Great shot. What were they doing on the overpass? I see a bunch or tripods and gear......

W

wbrandsma

They were wondering how I could make a photograph at over 90 km/h on the left overtake lane on a highway!
No seriously, there had been a truck day on a racingcircuit in the north of the Netherlands that day and at the end of the day all those lorries were returing home. They drawed a lot of crowd. It was a hot day in the bible belt of the Netherlands (our Michigan)!

H

helgipelgi

Thanks for the Abbas Kiarostami and Jay Maisel tips.

I love seeing landscapes that are blurred and abstracted in some way by other natural elements, mostly water I guess. Like when seen through a rainy window or reflected in a puddle etc.

Nice!

From a GRD?