Site Sponsors

Thread: Lumix FX150

Post Thanks / Like

Lumix FX150

Hello,

Looking for a cheap P&S that shoots raw, I found this one. I know the LX-3 is a fantastic camera but how does this one compare? Anyone with experience with this model? Thanks,
    Edward
    M262 ZM 25/2.8 35/1.4 50/2 85/2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lumix FX150

Yes, I purchased one for my wife, and I've also used it quite abit myself. I like it quite a bit! Very sharp, VERY pocketable, and in B&W, the higher ISO's are just fine. Although I was excited by its ability to produce RAW files, we've never really had the need to use that feature much. I have a small collection of shots here:

http://www.griffinbyteworks.com/phot...c-fx150-flash/

...but be sure to also find the FX150 group on flickr for other peoples' work, too:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/fx150/

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks very much Kai! Your photos look great, and I particularly like the colors which dare I say have some similarity to my Sony A900

I'm interested to know what users find as negatives in this camera, what they dislike about it too. Thanks
    M262 ZM 25/2.8 35/1.4 50/2 85/2

Post Thanks / Like

My only real dislike would be that the camera is a little bit "menu-ey", if you know what I mean. Fiddly little buttons to access settings on lots of menus. I believe the LX3 is not that much different in this area; it's the way Panasonic cameras are. It's not that it's badly organised or anything - on the contrary, the menus are clear & easy... it's just that I personally like things a tad more at my finger tips with analog controls. That said, I became very adept with it in short enough time, and I have no doubt that if I had kept using the camera for weeks/months, then I wouldn't even be saying any of this. I really can't think of anything else to dislike about the camera. If it weren't for my coveting (and later owning) the GRD2, I'd probably have kept the FX150 for myself :-)