The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lumix FX150

edwardkaraa

Hello,

Looking for a cheap P&S that shoots raw, I found this one. I know the LX-3 is a fantastic camera but how does this one compare? Anyone with experience with this model? Thanks,
Edward

kai.e.g.

Yes, I purchased one for my wife, and I've also used it quite abit myself. I like it quite a bit! Very sharp, VERY pocketable, and in B&W, the higher ISO's are just fine. Although I was excited by its ability to produce RAW files, we've never really had the need to use that feature much. I have a small collection of shots here:

http://www.griffinbyteworks.com/photography/dmc-fx150-flash/

...but be sure to also find the FX150 group on flickr for other peoples' work, too:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/fx150/

edwardkaraa

Thanks very much Kai! Your photos look great, and I particularly like the colors which dare I say have some similarity to my Sony A900 :D

I'm interested to know what users find as negatives in this camera, what they dislike about it too. Thanks :)

kai.e.g.

My only real dislike would be that the camera is a little bit "menu-ey", if you know what I mean. Fiddly little buttons to access settings on lots of menus. I believe the LX3 is not that much different in this area; it's the way Panasonic cameras are. It's not that it's badly organised or anything - on the contrary, the menus are clear & easy... it's just that I personally like things a tad more at my finger tips with analog controls. That said, I became very adept with it in short enough time, and I have no doubt that if I had kept using the camera for weeks/months, then I wouldn't even be saying any of this. I really can't think of anything else to dislike about the camera. If it weren't for my coveting (and later owning) the GRD2, I'd probably have kept the FX150 for myself :)