The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

grandpa called them marble orchards

smokysun

i know what you mean. photographs actually appeal to a broader spectrum, i've found, than anything that looks like art. it doesn't mean you won't find people who like the latter, but they are far fewer.
thanks, don, have fun with that dp2.

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

ps. but sometimes i get bored with the photographic look and have to play around. otherwise, what's all this computer power for?

Last edited:

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Wayne, you misread me...sorry, my fault. In the Mother image, the eye travel does not work as smoothly as your other images. I suggested the DP1 because it appears that you are seeing the process more than the image. By switching back, your mind would not be caught up in process....

Just my thoughts....Don

smokysun

thanks, don. that clarifies. i'm reading a book on ir landscape and he stresses the need for depth in ir photographs. i'd like to use it in unusual ways. we'll see how it goes. got rained out of a parade and a giant puppet ceremony yesterday, both of which i'd planned to photograph. drat!

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

bubuli

i'm not a fan of this post-processing. it destroys the mood, not add to it, IMHO. but hey, some people here might think the opposite.

smokysun

i understand that. photographers tend to like pure photography as done by the greats of the more recent past. on the other hand i find the general public often likes this kind of work. more like earlier pictorial photography. can't please everybody.

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

ps. and i like different stuff at different times.

Last edited:
M

masudkarim

He is the brother of my gg grandpa, Jesse Derickson, who came from PA to buy lumber ... I hope you will leave them with the information I provided and not