The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Walkin' the streets

Will

The two colour images are playing tricks with my perception. I know the images are on a screen but they are so clear and lifelike that my brain won't accept it! Very strange feeling that I'm looking at a 3D image.

Does anyone else see it or am I over tired or something?

N

nei1

Will,weve both caught the same illness,Im seeing the same thing.
Bill to start with these are great photos and the camera apart from yourself has played its part.The plugins youve used are used on many images from more ordinary cameras but the images dont achieve this naturalness of space......all the best,Neil.

fordfanjpn

Will and Neil, thanks for the comments. I actually hadn't noticed that 3D effect until you mentioned it. I guess that'll teach me not to do this stuff until I've had my morning coffee. The Nik filters are pretty amazing, as long as you keep them under control. It's very easy to get carried away with them, although that can work too if it's what you want. In any case, I'm extremely pleased with the DP2, and of course the Nik plugins. Now I just need to get busy and take some pictures. :rolleyes:

Bill

fordfanjpn

One more

Here's the kimono girl in front of the place she is advertising for. It's a "Slot" place where they have a Japanese version of slot machines. It's a good way to dispose of any excess cash you may have on you.

Bill

O

Oxide Blu

Bill, nice pix. What city were they taken in?

I like the b&w most, would like to see less DOF in it. The pole to the right of the girl is actually the primary subject in that image. The girl is secondary, but whatever, the camera is a new critter for you to be handling. Nice stuff. :thumbup:

fordfanjpn

Bill, nice pix. What city were they taken in?

I like the b&w most, would like to see less DOF in it. The pole to the right of the girl is actually the primary subject in that image. The girl is secondary, but whatever, the camera is a new critter for you to be handling. Nice stuff. :thumbup:
Those were all taken in Shibuya, close to the station. I thought about that pole behind the girl, but in the end I decided to just leave it as is. Shooting from the hip out on the street you often have to take what you get. It's all good fun though.

Bill