Post Thanks / Like

Re: A couple from the street

Quote Originally Posted by Blaugrana View Post
    Great shots, as always, Bill!
    Thank you.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

B&W

Here's a B&W conversion using Silver Efex Pro.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Re: B&W

Quote Originally Posted by fordfanjpn View Post
    Here's a B&W conversion using Silver Efex Pro.
    Bill
    I wish you wouldn't do this.

I checked out the software after seeing some other shots of yours and then checked out the price. Hmmm... I will have to give that some long thought, and these shots aren't making thrift any easier.

Lovely photo, unfortunately.

Don

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don Ellis View Post
    I wish you wouldn't do this.

I checked out the software after seeing some other shots of yours and then checked out the price. Hmmm... I will have to give that some long thought, and these shots aren't making thrift any easier.

Lovely photo, unfortunately.

Don
    Don, thanks for the comment. I'm happy to help, and sorry to tempt you. I guess you won't want to hear that before doing the B&W conversion with Silver Efex Pro, I used Color Efex 3.0 to get this pic. So you might as well buy the whole Nik software package.

Bill

ddk

Don, thanks for the comment. I'm happy to help, and sorry to tempt you. I guess you won't want to hear that before doing the B&W conversion with Silver Efex Pro, I used Color Efex 3.0 to get this pic. So you might as well buy the whole Nik software package.

Bill

I actually prefer the color version and must admit that as much as I like CE Pro I'm not a great fan of SE Pro, the BW conversions leave me cold, much prefer to convert in CS4.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ddk View Post
    I actually prefer the color version and must admit that as much as I like CE Pro I'm not a great fan of SE Pro, the BW conversions leave me cold, much prefer to convert in CS4.
    Thanks David. I'm kind of torn between the color and B&W versions of this shot. SE works for me, but I understand it may not be for everyone. Have you ever tried using LightZone for B&W conversions?

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Bill
    Decisions, decisions... the whole Nik software package or another DP2... hmmm.

By the way, both the colour and the black-and-white look good to me... can't beat that. You can both to use for different purposes.

Don

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don Ellis View Post
    Decisions, decisions... the whole Nik software package or another DP2... hmmm.

By the way, both the colour and the black-and-white look good to me... can't beat that. You can both to use for different purposes.

Don
    When you have a decision like that to make, there is only answer: get them both!

Bill