The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A couple from the street

fordfanjpn

I love this girl's shirt. She probably has no idea what the writing on it means.

This one was purely accidental. Really! :eek:

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Bill,
Winogrand would love #2... so do I.
How do you find the finder? I'm starting to get
bothered by the Sigma. I want to try something else...
your thoughts....
Don

fordfanjpn

Bill,
Winogrand would love #2... so do I.
How do you find the finder? I'm starting to get
bothered by the Sigma. I want to try something else...
your thoughts....
Don
I haven't tried the Sigma one, so I can't really compare them. The Voigtlander is big and bright and easy to use. I can't say that it's completely accurate, but I haven't had any problems framing with it. So far I'm very happy with it.

Bill

fordfanjpn

Then why were you on your knees just at the right moment? ;)
Would you believe I bent over to tie my shoe? Actually, she went running by me and I took the shot from the waist, as I do with a lot of my street shots. I didn't realize what I had captured until I opened the picture up on the computer.

Bill

fordfanjpn

A few more

Some more shots from yesterday. I'm hoping to make it back out again today, if I can get my lazy butt in gear.

Bill

D

ddk

Would you believe I bent over to tie my shoe? Actually, she went running by me and I took the shot from the waist, as I do with a lot of my street shots. I didn't realize what I had captured until I opened the picture up on the computer.

Bill
Ahhh, the infamous from the hip capture! :angel:

Now I understand the reason for the bubble level.

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Well, the finder is pretty accurate top & bottom and even
with the parralex mark....but side to side it captures more than
it should....I have to learn it's eye before I trash it.
It's not bad but I like to work tight as I look at the entire
frame.....I'm not in panic mode but want to explore
some options......

fordfanjpn

Ahhh, the infamous from the hip capture! :angel:

Now I understand the reason for the bubble level.
I was getting a lot of tilted shots, but the bubble level has helped a lot with that. I'm still getting a lot of motion blur though, so my technique needs work. It's all good fun though.

Bill

Don Ellis

These are lovely, Bill... thanks for posting them. It's a pleasure for all of us that you live in such a colourful city (and have such a good eye).

Thanks, too, for the photos of the camera. Very nice.

Don

fordfanjpn

These are lovely, Bill... thanks for posting them. It's a pleasure for all of us that you live in such a colourful city (and have such a good eye).

Thanks, too, for the photos of the camera. Very nice.

Don
Thanks a lot Don. I just wish I had time to get out and take more pics. Maybe when I retire.

Bill

Don Ellis

Thanks a lot Don. I just wish I had time to get out and take more pics. Maybe when I retire.

Bill
After 23 years in Japan, perhaps you're close?

We live in parallel Asian universes... I'm just over 23 years in Hong Kong. And I'm expecting my DP2 today at 5pm... a bit behind you, but I had to wait to see what you could do with it before I made the leap. :)

Cheers,
Don