Site Sponsors

Thread: Finding Focus

Post Thanks / Like

Finding Focus

With all the crowds at the Hong Kong Art Fair today, I found the Canon G9 useful to shoot in between, around and over people at a variety of distances... and I'm trying not to bang up the DP2 until I can exchange it next week for a new one.

So here was the most interesting shot of the day... a concave, mirrored, fragmented dish.

Canon G9, ISO400, 1/80th sec., f/3.2, EC -1/3.

Because it's not a DP2, I definitely rolled over it with Noiseware to smooth me out a little... ISO400 is the maximum I like to use on that camera... and "like" is not the right word.

Don
    Last edited by Don Ellis; 16th May 2009 at 07:21.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Finding Focus

Hi Don,

interesting photograph.

Sorry to hear that you having troubles with your DP2. I hope the replacement is swift and functional.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Finding Focus

Quote Originally Posted by ecliffordsmith View Post
    Hi Don,
    interesting photograph.
    Sorry to hear that you having troubles with your DP2. I hope the replacement is swift and functional.
    Thanks, Ed. We saw some pretty uninspired art yesterday, but it was offset by a few interesting pieces. This one became more interesting once I got there.

The lock-up problem with the DP2 hasn't really bothered me so much... I take the battery out and put it back in. I don't know if that's resignation to the fact that all computer-related things will have problems, the knowlege that it will be replaced, or a sign of growing maturity.

Probably one of the first two.

Don