The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Finding Focus

Don Ellis

With all the crowds at the Hong Kong Art Fair today, I found the Canon G9 useful to shoot in between, around and over people at a variety of distances... and I'm trying not to bang up the DP2 until I can exchange it next week for a new one.

So here was the most interesting shot of the day... a concave, mirrored, fragmented dish.

Canon G9, ISO400, 1/80th sec., f/3.2, EC -1/3.

Because it's not a DP2, I definitely rolled over it with Noiseware to smooth me out a little... ISO400 is the maximum I like to use on that camera... and "like" is not the right word.

Don

Last edited:

ecliffordsmith

Hi Don,

interesting photograph.

Sorry to hear that you having troubles with your DP2. I hope the replacement is swift and functional.

Don Ellis

Hi Don,
interesting photograph.
Sorry to hear that you having troubles with your DP2. I hope the replacement is swift and functional.
Thanks, Ed. We saw some pretty uninspired art yesterday, but it was offset by a few interesting pieces. This one became more interesting once I got there. :cool:

The lock-up problem with the DP2 hasn't really bothered me so much... I take the battery out and put it back in. I don't know if that's resignation to the fact that all computer-related things will have problems, the knowlege that it will be replaced, or a sign of growing maturity.

Probably one of the first two.

Don