The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Some GRD shots...

D

Dawson

Hi everyone!

Back in November last year - I can't actually believe it was that long ago! - I finally stopped lurking around these forums and signed up to ask a few questions about the Ricoh GRD/IIs and got some great advice which steered me nicely towards a then-brand-new GRD which fate had placed on eBay for me!

However, looking at some photos of the Lake District in one of the G1 threads reminded me that I hadn't shared any of the shots that came from last year's purchase so I thought it was time to rectify that, sort of re-introduce myself and also say thanks again for all the advice as I love shooting B&W with my GRD!

Anyway, here goes...

Ashness Bridge (An almost obligatory photo op when you go to the Lake District!)

Coniston Water I

A (much) bigger version here...

Coniston Water II

A (much) bigger version here...

A "Frightening" E.E. Lightning, RAF Cosford:

A Boeing 747 engine, RAF Cosford:

I have to say I'm not usually a fan of stitching panoramas together, but I wanted to try to grasp the bleakness and the scale of Coniston Water, which was the site of Donald Campbell's fateful water speed record. Perhaps I should've used it as an excuse to buy the 21mm converter instead!?

V

VladimirV

Very nice pictures, the GRD I in b&w is really fantastic, very detailed and crisp.

D

Dawson

Thanks guys, glad you like!

I do like the Ashness Bridge shot myself, although if you Google image search Ashness Bridge you will probably get hundreds of almost identical shots to that! A bit of a no brainer in some respects but as I said, you have to photograph it at some point during your travels in the Lakes! :)

I think it was you Vladimir who told me how good GRDIs are for their monochrome JPEGS out of the camera... I think I used RAW+JPEG for the panoramas but so good were the JPEGs (helped by an overcast, low contrast day) that I don't think I ever touched the RAW files in the end!