The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GRDII with GW-1 in London

Will

A few I took yesterday. Only second time I've tried street photograph (well, park in this case). Best part of the day was a man with a brand new M8 and brand new camera bag who following me around trying to get a closer look at my cool looking camera!

nostatic

I like the last one of the first set especially. Something about the motion of the hand and the desserts in the foreground. Or maybe I'm just hungry...

I'm also digging the 4x3. Funny, but shooting 16x9 makes me appreciate the 4x3 more. There's all that "headroom" :)

Lili

Very nice street work, Will.
You're giving that 21 a good workout!
The M8 guy was likely just jealous :angel:

Will

Very nice street work, Will.
You're giving that 21 a good workout!
The M8 guy was likely just jealous :angel:
Thanks Lili

As for the M8 guy, the feeling was mutual :/

Unfortunately those cakes didn't taste as good as they looked nostatic.

Will

Thanks.

I really enjoyed using the combination and the only drawback I had was not realizing that the lens hood was protruding slightly into the shot on half the images I took. Luckily I discovered it whilst eating the cake and reviewing what I had taken up to then. I find the locating of the hood on the lens to be a very vague affair and something that needs care. Using the OVF on a bright day it was easy to miss the intrusion, you can see it on the bottom of the colour image.

The lesson is 'always stop for cake whenever you get the chance!'

V

veriwide

There is a dot on both the lens hood and the barrel to line up for no intrusion.

Veriwide

Will

There is a dot on both the lens hood and the barrel to line up for no intrusion.

Veriwide

Yes but if you don't get the rubber hood to sit exactly in the groove, which is a very vague fit, you can still have a problem. I had the dot lined up but the hood had slipped forward. Possibly as I was holding the extension tube whilst taking pictures.

Lili

Yes but if you don't get the rubber hood to sit exactly in the groove, which is a very vague fit, you can still have a problem. I had the dot lined up but the hood had slipped forward. Possibly as I was holding the extension tube whilst taking pictures.
Will, I find the hood on the GW-1 to be the least satisfactory feature.
I find installing puts a huge stress on the GH-1, to the point I simply don't use mine.
Thankfully the GW-1 seems fairly immune to flare :)