The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

This is really embarrassing!

fordfanjpn

I know I just bought an LX3 a few days ago, and was kicking myself for doing that. But yesterday I was showing a guy I work with the Lumix catalog and trying to help him pick out a camera for his girlfriend. Unfortunately, the FX-150 caught my eye, so I stopped at my local Yodobashi on the way home - just to look, really!! - and ended up walking out with another new camera. :eek:

This is it for sure! I am absolutely done buying stuff. For a while. At least today anyway.

So here's a pic of a coffee shop I used to frequent many years ago. Everything around it was either built up or torn down, and still it stands there, empty, quiet, but still somehow proud. I hope it stays right where it is.

Bill

Terry

I wish I were having the problem with compacts....my problem is doing the same thing with dslrs!

Enjoy it :D

Tim

Bill,

the FX150 feature wise is a unusual little compact. It supports RAW, but no PSAM modes but still does have full manual. :thumbup:

Its pretty much in serious compact class for me. Be the smallest one around I'd think.

smokysun

great coffee house!

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

ps. i just bought a ricoh gx100 from a guy in the canary islands. so don't feel bad. how did i end up with two 5d's, one with a shaved mirror for leica lenses and one converted to ir? it's endless.

Don Ellis

And just a few weeks ago, you were the guy who unknowingly helped me decide on the DP2.

I'm at the point in life when I want fewer choices, rather than more, so I don't think I'll be following in your footsteps... but your photos are a reminder that it's the photographer rather than the camera that makes the photo.

Good luck figuring out which one to use when... you do have a plan, right? (Sorry, I forgot who I was talking to. :p)

Don

Lili

Bill, I can cast no stones, having now 4 DSLR's from 2 systems myself:eek:
Very very nice shot of the derelict shop, made more poignant by your memories :)

fordfanjpn

Bill,

the FX150 feature wise is a unusual little compact. It supports RAW, but no PSAM modes but still does have full manual. :thumbup:

Its pretty much in serious compact class for me. Be the smallest one around I'd think.
It has P and M, but they're not quite as extensive as on most cameras. It quite a little monster though, with 14.7 megapixels in an extremely tiny body. Should be fun to play with.

Bill

fordfanjpn

And just a few weeks ago, you were the guy who unknowingly helped me decide on the DP2.

I'm at the point in life when I want fewer choices, rather than more, so I don't think I'll be following in your footsteps... but your photos are a reminder that it's the photographer rather than the camera that makes the photo.

Good luck figuring out which one to use when... you do have a plan, right? (Sorry, I forgot who I was talking to. :p)

Don
Don, I still think the DP2 is the real deal. In fact, I was out shooting it today, and I'll post some things later. I wanted to compare it to the little monster, and had a good time doing it. Now if I can just find some time to process the files.

Bill

fordfanjpn

Bill, I can cast no stones, having now 4 DSLR's from 2 systems myself:eek:
Very very nice shot of the derelict shop, made more poignant by your memories :)
Thanks Lili. It is kind of sad to see places like that go to ruin, but I'm glad I got a shot of it while it's still there. Even though it doesn't look too happy these days.

Bill

Don Ellis

A couple of very different shots from the FX-150.
Bill
What did I say? It's the photographer... and don't worry about leading me astray... I'm very happy with my new-found depth-of-field.

It's always nice to have choices... I'm glad you do. A camera for every pocket and cargo pants for Bill. :p

I know what you mean about processing... I think we should all have our own photo retoucher/art director.

Don

fordfanjpn

What did I say? It's the photographer... and don't worry about leading me astray... I'm very happy with my new-found depth-of-field.

It's always nice to have choices... I'm glad you do. A camera for every pocket and cargo pants for Bill. :p

I know what you mean about processing... I think we should all have our own photo retoucher/art director.

Don
Thanks Don. I think I'll look into getting those cargo pants. And someone to process my files for me! :D

Bill

Rick Waldroup

Holy cow, Bill, if I was a photo shop owner, I would be standing outside my shop begging you to come in.....:D:D

I am only joking. I have done this myself, but it was quite a while ago. It took me a long time to get out of the doghouse after that, if you know what I mean....:cry::cry:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Bill hate to say it bud but you are almost in the same category as some admins around here. Needless to say that gear slut title is truly earned, you my friend are there.

I truly am laughing my *** off. Now THIS is funny.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

fordfanjpn

Bill hate to say it bud but you are almost in the same category as some admins around here. Needless to say that gear slut title is truly earned, you my friend are there.

I truly am laughing my *** off. Now THIS is funny.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:
Thanks Guy, that makes me feel so much better. :(

Bill

fordfanjpn

Holy cow, Bill, if I was a photo shop owner, I would be standing outside my shop begging you to come in.....:D:D

I am only joking. I have done this myself, but it was quite a while ago. It took me a long time to get out of the doghouse after that, if you know what I mean....:cry::cry:
Rick, I think the folks at Yodobashi are always glad to see me coming. I spent my share of time in the doghouse when I used to buy guitars all the time. Fortunately these cameras are easier to slip in under the radar. So far so good. ;)

Bill