The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mood Lighting

Don Ellis

I'm a sucker for chandeliers, especially when they're interesting. I like the dynamic range and the way the DP2 handles it here. We were having dim sum and I took this single photo... no reason to take more, really.

Click image for a nearly full-size photo (had to straighten it a bit).
Sigma DP2, ISO400 (why? maybe because I set it... who knows?), 1/250 sec., f/2.8.

Because of the ISO400 and the smoothness of the background, I used Noiseware to make everything a little creamier... which it did nicely. Even in the small size you can see the lanterns are getting a little tattered.

Good night from Hong Kong.
Don

Don Ellis

Don,
I love the colors and tonality of this shot. Nicely done.
Bill
Thanks, Bill... for a one-handed, over-the-shoulder, lunch-table shot, it turned out pretty well.

When I got my first digital camera, I would take shots of hotel chandeliers... that was years ago and this reminded me that some of them were quite nice. Maybe I'll have to do it again one of these days.

Don

fordfanjpn

Thanks, Bill... for a one-handed, over-the-shoulder, lunch-table shot, it turned out pretty well.

When I got my first digital camera, I would take shots of hotel chandeliers... that was years ago and this reminded me that some of them were quite nice. Maybe I'll have to do it again one of these days.

Don
Sometimes great shots happen by chance. You certainly got lucky with that one! ;)

Bill