The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Firmware Update 1.01 Available

Don Ellis

You can download it here:
http://www.sigma-dp.com/DP2/firmware.html

Read the instructions and realize that the actual download link is at the bottom of the page... it took me awhile to find it, being who I am.

I just installed the update successfully. It takes a few minutes, the red light finally goes on and then flashes for awhile, you get a message that it has succeeded (one hopes), and then the camera shuts down just to give you a little scare. Power it back up and double-check that 1.01 is installed.

The benefits are apparently two:
*Decrease the phenomenon of intermittent camera freeze under certain conditions.
*The accuracy of the Auto Focus has been improved.

The first thing I noticed was that my self-portraits look SIGNIFICANTLY younger and more handsome, which I didn't think was possible. :p Well, they do call it "firmware."

Good luck with your own upgrade. And remember to format your 256MB or larger SD/SDHC card before you save the BIN file to it.

Don

Trust me... it's as easy as riding a bike... against traffic... with no hands...

Last edited:

fordfanjpn

Thanks Don. I saw the rumor on DPR that it was coming out, but I was busy at work today and didn't get a chance to look for it. I'll install it this evening. I would definitely like to look younger and more handsome in my self-portraits! :D

Update: It's done. And Don was right, I do look younger and more handsome!!

Bill

Last edited: