Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sigma DP2 Review

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sigma DP2 Review

Thanks for the banter here on the DP2. I will be ordering one and so will a photog buddy as soon as we can get one. The tips on the Sigma viewfinder are worth knowing as I struggle even now with the LCD on my GRD II outside.

I'd be interested to hear what carrying and case solutions you DP2/DP1 owners use?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don Ellis View Post
    Now you just know thatís the first thing I thought ofÖ it might even make up for making you buy Richardís grip. You do have it installed now, right?
    The grip delivery has been delayed by one day, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow. However, thanks to a break in the rain, and your "inspiration," I am now the proud owner of a VF-21 finder. And everyone who recommended it is right, it really is a fantastic little finder. I will now retire the Voigtlander and enjoy using the DP2 with it's very own finder.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post

I'd be interested to hear what carrying and case solutions you DP2/DP1 owners use?

Thanks
    Anybody?

Subscriber Member Streetshooter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I use a Tamrac Velocity 4. It holds both DP cameras with finders attached, 6 batteries, cards, iPhone..and lots more...very small and it's a sling bag......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Anybody?
    You're probably going to find a variety of answers to that one. I have a case by Artisan&Artist that I quite like on both the DP1 and DP2 (and I also have the one they make for the LX3), but it does require removing the case every time you want to access the battery or memory card. The case makes the camera feel a bit bigger and it provides some extra grip for your right hand.

However, after being shamelessly tempted by other members of this forum, I ordered Richard Franiec's grip for the DP2, and it has just now arrived. As soon as I work up the nerve, I'll install it (it attaches with double-sided tape, so it would be nice to get it on right the first try). With the grip on the camera, the case will no longer fit, and in any case won't be needed, so I'm hoping I will love it.

As for carrying, I simply use the neck strap that came with the camera and wear it around my neck. I tend to shoot a lot from the waist (or pot belly in my case), and with the camera hanging there it's very convenient to shoot that way. It's also easy to bring the camera up to either use the LCD or the finder, so for me it's the easiest way to shoot. I know that some people prefer a wrist strap and tend to carry the camera in their hand all the time. In some ways I can see an advantage to that approach because it means the camera is always in your hand and ready to shoot. So right now I'm toying with the idea of giving that a try. I assume there are other carrying methods that people use, and I would also be interested to hear particularly from people who do street photography as to how they "wear" their cameras when out shooting.

Bill