The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Couldn't get past the garden today

S

sclamb

Due to recovering from an operation (hence my lack of input here over the past week) I have only managed to venture as far as the garden for the first time today. Of course, I took my DL4 :)

Simon

DavidE

Excellent photos, Simon. I especially like the second one with the dark background.

Hope you have a speedy recovery.

kweide

Sudden recovery initiated... back in the balmy Getdpi forum.... :)

Welcome back.
Love the hairy worm....or is it your tooth brush ??

D

D upton-Hackett.

Love them all. Like the caterpillar best.

Don't be to hasty in your recovery otherwise "her who must be obeyed" will set you jobs.LOL

woodyspedden

Due to recovering from an operation (hence my lack of input here over the past week) I have only managed to venture as far as the garden for the first time today. Of course, I took my DL4 :)

Simon
Great stuff Simon. The shot of the dog renders his coat so shiny and tactile. This is what I call great 3D rendering.

Good job

Woody

ecliffordsmith

Simon,

I wish you a speedy recovery, in the meantime enjoy your garden and perhaps a stella and please continue to share your photographs.

Lovely looking dog by the way.

S

sclamb

Thanks to you all for your comments and wishes - very much appreciated.

It was nice to get out and having the DL4 in hand gave me the impetus to walk for a bit and look for subject matter. Even a short walk in the garden can provide some interesting pictures. I would love to know what that caterpillar will be when it grows up.

Simon

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
[QUOTE=

I would love to know what that caterpillar will be when it grows up.

I Googled 'caterpillar photos'
It may be the Vapourer Moth.

Gandolfi.

Last edited:
S

sclamb

Thanks Gandolfi. That definitely looks like the right one.

Simon

S

sclamb

Thanks Helen. I think you would like the flexibility of the DL4, from wide angles to macros.

Simon