The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lunchtime

Don Ellis

"Smile..."

Sometimes what you want in focus may not be what you get in focus, especially when you’re rushed -- surprisingly, I wanted the couple photographing themselves, not the girl next to me -- but that’s not always a bad thing...

"Oh, come on… will this light never change?!"

Sigma DP2, on the run… click on images for larger images.

Don

Last edited:

fordfanjpn

"Smile..."

Sometimes what you want in focus may not be what you get in focus, especially when you’re rushed -- surprisingly, I wanted the couple photographing themselves, not the girl next to me -- but that’s not always a bad thing...

Sigma DP2, on the run… click on images for larger images.

Don
Nice captures Don. It's also interesting to look around at what's going on in the background, especially in that first shot. I wonder if the 2 guys on the roof will be having lunch at the McDonald's in the lower left-hand corner of the window.

Bill

Don Ellis

Nice captures Don. It's also interesting to look around at what's going on in the background, especially in that first shot. I wonder if the 2 guys on the roof will be having lunch at the McDonald's in the lower left-hand corner of the window.

Bill
You're too kind... they're just snapshots... but even snapshots are interesting with this camera. And with f/2.8, sometimes it's interesting to see what's in focus when you don't really aim... like the Longines guy (I think that company is going for a different image with him -- I'm always amazed how many watch shops Hong Kong can support).

One of the pleasures of any photo is having the time to look at the details of the moment you captured -- and see all the things you never noticed when you took it.

Don