Site Sponsors

Thread: Lunchtime

Post Thanks / Like

Lunchtime

"Smile..."

Sometimes what you want in focus may not be what you get in focus, especially when you’re rushed -- surprisingly, I wanted the couple photographing themselves, not the girl next to me -- but that’s not always a bad thing...

"Oh, come on… will this light never change?!"

Sigma DP2, on the run… click on images for larger images.

Don
    Last edited by Don Ellis; 1st June 2009 at 01:29.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lunchtime

Quote Originally Posted by Don Ellis View Post
    "Smile..."

Sometimes what you want in focus may not be what you get in focus, especially when you’re rushed -- surprisingly, I wanted the couple photographing themselves, not the girl next to me -- but that’s not always a bad thing...

Sigma DP2, on the run… click on images for larger images.

Don
    Nice captures Don. It's also interesting to look around at what's going on in the background, especially in that first shot. I wonder if the 2 guys on the roof will be having lunch at the McDonald's in the lower left-hand corner of the window.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lunchtime

Quote Originally Posted by fordfanjpn View Post
    Nice captures Don. It's also interesting to look around at what's going on in the background, especially in that first shot. I wonder if the 2 guys on the roof will be having lunch at the McDonald's in the lower left-hand corner of the window.

Bill
    You're too kind... they're just snapshots... but even snapshots are interesting with this camera. And with f/2.8, sometimes it's interesting to see what's in focus when you don't really aim... like the Longines guy (I think that company is going for a different image with him -- I'm always amazed how many watch shops Hong Kong can support).

One of the pleasures of any photo is having the time to look at the details of the moment you captured -- and see all the things you never noticed when you took it.

Don