The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Small Sensor Macro

sizifo

It looks cool. I'm just not sure that taking a photo of your GRD with your GX100 is a healthy thing to do :)

Will

Maggie and Lili thanks. I was really pleased with it. It's always fun finding a good image from something simple, (me or the subject :/ )

That yellow beetle on the flower is wonderful maggie.

Lili what is that medal, I've seen you post other amazing macros of that before.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Wow, this is a fantastic display of macros. Thanks everyone! I love them all.
These small sensor cameras are really fun to use..and quite capable.

Maggie O

Maggie and Lili thanks. I was really pleased with it. It's always fun finding a good image from something simple, (me or the subject :/ )

Lili what is that medal, I've seen you post other amazing macros of that before.
Thanks, Will!

You know, I'd buy a print of that straw photo.

Lili

Will thank you :)
It is a belt buckle, in the "Goth" quasi-Egyptian style.

Lili

Great idea Cindy and thank you for sharing your macro photo. A great one :thumbup:. Maggie, the eye is absolutely gorgeous :bugeyes:. Jono and Lili, your photos are superb :clap:.

This one was made with a GX100.
Nice one Wouter, what camera is that?

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I've done a ton of macros with small sensor cameras both with and without close up lenses attached.
Check out the galleries

Tbanet.zenfolio.com

Flower Macros
April in Arizona
London
Terry,
You have a beautiful collection of macro (and travel) photos.

Lili

Will and Wouter,
I have heard really good things about the GR1 series.
Sadly I never got one.
I did carry an R1 as a purse camera for a very long time.
Here it is, non-working but in Honorable Retirement

Will

Yes it is Barcelona Daz, well spotted.

Here, back on topic, is a macro of some quince flowers in my driveway taken with the GT-1 that I got in the post on Friday

nostatic

Will, are you using flash on that? I've always avoided it, but it does seem to fill and make things crisp. Are you down a couple ev on the flash?

Will

Will, are you using flash on that? I've always avoided it, but it does seem to fill and make things crisp. Are you down a couple ev on the flash?
No flash used on this, I really don't like using flash unless it is unavoidable. I got the effect by reducing the exposure setting in the RAW conversion then boosting the contrast a bit and using levels in CS2, finishing off with a bit of unsharp mask.

helenhill

Lovely Will
Like the way the flower rests on the branch
The colors are lovely / just right...not too much pop

Actually ALL the FLOWER series here are BEAUTIFUL
Thanks to Cindy,Nosatic & Will I'm drunk with Spring Fever.....
Cheers!