The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Small Sensor Macro

S

SimonL

Good to see someone else has a well worn pocket knife. I carrie one all the time but I'm beginning to worry that one of these days I'll get arrested for it.
I think you have every reason to worry.

As a photographer you're a natural target for Plod to stop and search.

If they find the knife you could get a criminal record...............

Will

Thanks SimonL, I now only carry a very small knife now, and never in the evenings or in London so hopefully I will be OK.

I went for a harsh treatment of this to try and make a stronger image from a normally soft delicate subject.
GRD2

S

SimonL

From Google: The letter of the law!

The only legal carry in the UK (knife you can have in your possession in a public place) is a folding blade knife with a cutting edge (not blade, but the sharpened bit thereof) of 3 inches or less.

If the blade locks open it counts as a fixed blade knife (this includes Leathermans etc) and you are in trouble.

If you use your legal knife as an offensive weapon, it's illegal not because it's a knife, but because it's deemed to be an offensive weapon.

A fixed blade knife of ANY length (including 3 inches or less) is illegal to carry in a public place - unless you can demonstrate reasonable cause, like being a chef and having a roll of chef's knives with you on your way to and from work... but NOT to and from the pub!

Having a larger knife would [perhaps] be ok if you were camping/bushcrafting etc but if the copper is feeling unreasonable then you are in trouble.

Bottom line is, if Plod is feeling unreasonable then, even if you are complying with the law, you are likely to be in trouble - albeit temporarily and then exonerated.

Such is modern UK

Enuff

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,
GX100 close ups.
1st is sweet pea.
2nd I don't know (allium?)
Cheers,
Gandolfi.

Last edited:
O

Oxide Blu

I was able to put the lens right into this guy's face and get a few pix before I touched a wing and it took off. You can kind of see the hexagons of the eyeball. That is not pixelation, pic is 100% crop, no post processing.

Dragonfly. - Ricoh GRDII

Another little critter, mantas, friend of dragonfly. Again, no post processing, 100% crop, Ricoh GRDII.

I spent some time this afternoon with this mantas and a D2Xs w/Zeiss 100 macro. If I can figure out how to do it I will upload some pix. Every time I see one of these critters up close I am thankful they area only 6-inches, not 6-ft, or we would be on their dinner menu.

No post processing, 100% crop, Ricoh GRDII.

Last one from the GRD... Just so that you can see the mouth on these things. I used the 40mm lens converter for this one, didn't realize there was dust on the back of the element, which the GDR reproduced wonderfully. :( Anyways, look at the mouth!!! No post processing, 100% crop.

Last edited:
N

ntrolls

D*mn, I blame Oxide Blu for the nightmares I am sure going to have in the next few days!

Seriously though, impressive macro!

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,
Ah, Aren't they just the cutest little mantas you ever did see. I want to adopt one!!
Impressive pics Oxide Blu- how far from lens to eyeball?
Gandolfi.

mazor

Wow smokysun, I love your Dandy lion shot in Black and white. It is almost like the seedling ends are glowing creating a dreamy effect.

Mazor