The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

David

Don Ellis

David and I had lunch yesterday and I showed him my new DP2. After lunch, we walked outside into the sunshine and I took these three shots as we wandered up the street.

He and I share the same birthday and have been friends for over 20 years – although that may change when he discovers these… but he stood still for the photos, so I’m hoping he’ll stand still for this.

All three were taken with a Sigma DP2, RAW, Aperture Priority at f/2.8, -1/3 EC.

These small images were lightly sharpened. Click on them for 100% images (cropped in various ways) that are unsharpened.

David is a Canon 5D man, himself, and is considering the 5DMarkII as his next camera. He takes some beautiful photos, most especially of Vietnam, and here was his one-line email comment about the results of the DP2: “As much as I abhor looking at photographs of myself, I have to agree with you – excellent camera.”

Don