The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Corner Shop

Don Ellis

Click on image for larger image.
Sigma DP2, RAW, ISO100, 1/50s, f/5.0

These small hardware/houseware shops are amazing. What you're seeing in the photo is just the stuff to the right of the doorway... there's an equal amount to the left. And we haven't even gone inside.

Every day, the shopkeeper brings all this out and arranges it, and every evening, he puts it all back inside.

Yes, the cone is for sale. We used to use one ourselves in the village to mark our parking place. Now we have a duplicate license plate on the wall.

Don

D

D upton-Hackett.

Lovely clear colours. The shop reminds me of the BBC sitcom- Open All Hours with the late Ronny Barker and Ronny Corbett back in the 70's.

Last edited:

Will

Great image Don. Looks like the DP2 deals with reds slightly better than my DP1.

Reminded me of open all hours as well. I also remember real shops like that in England back in the 60's. I may see if I can find one somewhere here that still puts stuff out, I think there was one in a local villages not that long ago.

J

jeffrisk

Great job.
very nice light, texture, model, just about the wall it maybe can better.