Site Sponsors

Thread: Don't forget to Velcro....

Deceased, but remembered fondly here... johnastovall's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Don't forget to Velcro....

I did a dumb thing with my GR-DII yesterday. I had been in Austin and shot a couple of things. I put it in the top right pocket of my PJ vest. Got home and draped the vest over a chair back. The GR-DII did a header right into the hard (very hard ) wood floor. The only damage is to the flash and it's jamned shut. I've contacted Popflash about how to arrange a repair.

So don't forget to Velcro....

"The market wants a Leica to be a Leica: the inheritor of tradition, the subject of lore, and indisputably a mark of status to own."
    Mike Johnston

Oxide Blu

Re: Don't forget to Velcro....

My experience with the GRDII is that you can throw it, overhand, into a brick wall and it will bounce back and work just fine. That you have flash damage means your camera prob experience that 1 in a million "just right" landings.

Oh, but the GRDII does NOT like liquids, e.g. soy sauce and vinegar poured into the lens opening. Don't ask how I know that -- just know that the folks at Ricoh are a great to work with for camera repairs.

Deceased, but remembered fondly here... johnastovall's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Don't forget to Velcro....

It was the one in a million. It hit just on the left forward corner where the plastic part of the flash is not protected by the metal body.

"The market wants a Leica to be a Leica: the inheritor of tradition, the subject of lore, and indisputably a mark of status to own."
    Mike Johnston