The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Don't forget to Velcro....

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
I did a dumb thing with my GR-DII yesterday. I had been in Austin and shot a couple of things. I put it in the top right pocket of my PJ vest. Got home and draped the vest over a chair back. The GR-DII did a header right into the hard (very hard :cry:) wood floor. The only damage is to the flash and it's jamned shut. I've contacted Popflash about how to arrange a repair.

So don't forget to Velcro....

O

Oxide Blu

My experience with the GRDII is that you can throw it, overhand, into a brick wall and it will bounce back and work just fine. That you have flash damage means your camera prob experience that 1 in a million "just right" landings. :(

Oh, but the GRDII does NOT like liquids, e.g. soy sauce and vinegar poured into the lens opening. Don't ask how I know that :D -- just know that the folks at Ricoh are a great to work with for camera repairs. :thumbs:

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
It was the one in a million. It hit just on the left forward corner where the plastic part of the flash is not protected by the metal body.