The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IPhone Photos

ustein

Contributing Editor
>FilterStorm Pro does that.

Does what? You mean: I would like to have it with presets and reproducible? Filterstorm is clearly on my list.

ustein

Contributing Editor
Word of caution about Photo Stream on iPhone:

If you load images from your Photo Stream (even full resolution 4S images) into any app for editing the image will be down sampled to 1920 pixels wide. The same image will show full res in iPhoto or Aperture.

My Filterstorm findings: Very convoluted UI on the iPhone.

Last edited:
Lots of great work being shown!

I just went to the App Store for Bracket Mode and it said installed. LOL. I have too many Apps! Need to go back and reorganize my folders.
I bought it too and now I have to break up my photography apps into two folders :LOL:

ustein

Contributing Editor
Joe, your tree alley is still one of the best iPhone photos I have seen. I never hold that still to avoid alignment issues on the iPhone (no problems in CS5).

>I have to break up my photography apps into two folders

I have 3-4 folders.

Last edited:
J

JackM

Chicago's Millennium Park Cloud Gate
Shot straight up from inside.
iPhone 4

ustein

Contributing Editor
Basis bracketed shot from IP4S, later used HDR, ToonPhoto and blending on the Mac to blend.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Woody, handheld or tripod?
Uwe - Handheld. Interestingly the iPhone deals well with the difficult color and mixed lighting. In some other handheld shots I've had some loss of accutance - those cases I pick one of the two exposures - usually (actually always) the low one.

It's surprising to me that there's not an app that I've been able to find that just lets me dial in -2/3 stop exposure and flash correction.