The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IPhone Photos

Godfrey

Keyboard

iPhone 4S + Mattebox
processed in Lightroom 3

Finally caved and bought myself an iPhone 4S.

I tried out the "Mattebox" camera app. Interesting.

Godfrey

Seating

iPhone 4S - Mattebox camera
ISO 800 @ f/2.4 @ 1/15 second

I'm pretty happy with the dinky little camera in the iPhone 4S. Yeah, it's still a teensy-little-sensor camera, but it has some of the feel that the Polaroid SX-70 offers.

enjoy
Godfrey

ustein

Contributing Editor
Godfrey, nice B&W.

>but it has some of the feel that the Polaroid SX-70 offers.

Yes, the Polaroid of the 21st century.

cjlacz

A few photos from my iPhone from around Tokyo the last couple days.

All processed with Brannan in Instagram. A number of photographers here have adopted it as their daily log so I've started to adopt it too.

nostatic

So for any of you has the 4S essentially replaced your small sensor camera? I've sold off a bunch of stuff in an attempt to get down to one camera to do it all. That was a failure, but I think I'll be down to 3 - a77 at work when I need "hi rez" photos, OM-D to take with me for typical shooting, and then something small that I can take everywhere. I loved my DLux4 but it got purged in a recent bloodletting :D I've thought about getting another small sensor camera but I've also been flirting with going back to an iPhone for other work reasons and am wondering if the camera on that can essentially "replace" something like an LX5 or S95.

thoughts? The photos in this thread are impressive, and I don't really feel the need to have a ton of manual control as I usually shoot program mode anyway.

Godfrey

So for any of you has the 4S essentially replaced your small sensor camera? I've sold off a bunch of stuff in an attempt to get down to one camera to do it all. That was a failure, but I think I'll be down to 3 - a77 at work when I need "hi rez" photos, OM-D to take with me for typical shooting, and then something small that I can take everywhere. I loved my DLux4 but it got purged in a recent bloodletting :D I've thought about getting another small sensor camera but I've also been flirting with going back to an iPhone for other work reasons and am wondering if the camera on that can essentially "replace" something like an LX5 or S95.

thoughts? The photos in this thread are impressive, and I don't really feel the need to have a ton of manual control as I usually shoot program mode anyway.
I got rid of all my small sensor cameras a while ago. I tried the X10 recently, and discarded it as well. Waste of time for me ... whenever I carry one instead of a FourThirds or APS-C sensor camera at least, I end up saying "I wish I'd had a real camera with me." (which is funny because I sold a lot of work made with a Panasonic FZ10 back in the day ... ;-)

The iPhone 4S makes pictures as good as any of them, for my needs.

ustein

Contributing Editor
>Not entirely sure why, but I really like this one

We agree, don't know either. But it does not matter that I don't know.

>So for any of you has the 4S essentially replaced your small sensor camera?

Not for me. I consider the iPhone 4S something different (e.g. Hipstamatic). My recent P&S level camera is the Nikon V1. Finally a small camera with great tele reach.

monza

Taken using camera+, but no adjustments.

Sorry for the big size, I'm just amazed at what the 4S is capable of.