The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IPhone Photos

rayyan

These images are by my wife, who is traveling around SE Asia.

I told her to get close. Oh, she said..the artsy fartsy thing of yours? Well yes, I said.

Today in Ho Chi Minhh city. Like this, you mean, she sent me these..

Closer still Rayyan, here goes..

rayyan

I told her that some of my friends, Lloyd and Godfrey specially, would like to see
images from different angles...move around I told her.

Like this, you mean..she said..

Simple, isn't it.

rayyan

But one needs lenses, dog, high iso, filters, polarizers, tripods, I insisted..

Right!!, she said.

rayyan

You should have taken one of my Ms, or the Fuji or the Nikon. You could capture
the spirit of the place..the people, the place, vibes., I had insisted

Whatever, she said.

Lloyd

Loving this series. Really really good. Best to you both as well. Thank you Ayesha for sharing these with us'

rayyan

But what about printing?, I asked her. You know A3, A2, A0 etc..
Printing? Are you for real, Rayyan?

Rayyan, you are so, sooooo not with it..

She walked off to join the oh so excruciatingly boring and compulsory tour..

rayyan

Rayyan, she messaged me; how do I use this Sony camera you gave me? The RX100. I want to take pix with it since I brought it.

Just like the iPhone, I said. What is all this..P,A,S,M etc.?
Don't worry about it. I have set it on ' P '. Everything is on auto.
Just point and shoot.

So why all these alphabets and menus?, she asked.
To make me seem an intelligent photog, I said.

What I want to see is how you see things, your way of seeing candle in a temple, say. What you feel. Nothing else matters, if what you see is important enough.

She was not happy with this one. No wonder, no one would if you snap them eating. Use your judgement...

rayyan

Folks, there has been a mistake. I have posted the previous images and mentioned that all were made with the iPhone.

in Fact, All were made with the Sony RX100
I am sorry for my mistake. I shall make sure that accurate information is given to you guys.

Sorry, once again.

p.s.mods, could you please move these images accordingly, if so desired.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Lloyd

You know what I've noticed? When I've walked around with two (three, if you count my iPhone) cameras at a time. Very seldom does either camera decide on its own what to shoot, or to compose and image in a certain way, etc. Maybe it's Ayesha that's getting those great shots, and not the RX100, or the iPhone. I'm just impressed with the art!

rayyan

You, my friend, are a good man and a true gentleman.:salute:

You know what I've noticed? When I've walked around with two (three, if you count my iPhone) cameras at a time. Very seldom does either camera decide on its own what to shoot, or to compose and image in a certain way, etc. Maybe it's Ayesha that's getting those great shots, and not the RX100, or the iPhone. I'm just impressed with the art!