The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IPhone Photos

Maggie O

Wow MaggieQ. Nice set of wheels! Recognized the Abarth 500 interior from the pic with your co pilot.
Thanks! I took Enzo out and hooned him a bit after watching the Austrian F1 Grand Prix today!

Last edited:

simonclivehughes

Just curious is any of you are using the Moment supplementary lenses on your iPhones? I just received the 18mm and am trying it out, and I am awaiting delivery of the 60mm.

The lens is a real little gem, sharp, and wonderfully contrasty with great colour -- you can really tell the glass is excellent. I'm especially looking forward to the 60mm for doing portrait work.

Construction-wise, the lenses are very good (although they sell the lens caps separately... WTF?). The mounting plate, which you adhere to the camera back, provides a bayonet mount which works OK, but I can see it may need to be replaced every once in a while. It's a little difficult to actually align and mount the lens, and the bayonet action is not a smooth fit, but rather a bit stiff. Perhaps this will ease up with use, I'll have to wait and see.

Looking forward to shooting more with them, especially for some video projects. I'll post some images as I work with the glass more. Check out the Moment website for some cool videos on the lenses in use. I'm also waiting on delivery of a Shoulderpod tripod mount, especially for the video capture work. All fun stuff!

Cheers!

simonclivehughes

Got out a couple of days ago and shot with the 18mm Moment lens. The additional coverage this wide angle lens gives the iPhone 6 is really nice. (I'm expecting delivery of the 60mm lens and some lens caps later this afternoon.)

One thing to note is that the bayonet mount is very small and a bit finicky. The first few shots I took (not shown here) exhibited smearing along the left edge, but apparently this was because I had not seated the lens properly. Below are some examples for you (all PP in iOS):

IMG_2873.jpg

IMG_2869.jpg

IMG_2867.jpg

Cheers!

scho

A few iPhone snaps from a recent trip to the maritimes. I was alternating using both the iPhone6 and Sony RX1R.

Last edited:

Lloyd

My 90-year-old father seeing the flag flying over Fort McHenry for the first time. We were in the area on an Honor Flight of WWII vets, and this was our final stop before going to BWI airport to fly home. My father was moved to tears here.

iPhone 6s Plus

Godfrey

Saw this parked near my doctor's office the other day and all I had with me was the iPhone 6:

Apple iPhone 6
Processed in Lightroom 6.3

A lovely old car! Anyone know what kind of car it is? Really beautiful lines.

enjoy!
G

Godfrey

Found it! A 1941 Hupp Skylark ... I stopped by where it is parked and looked at it for ten minutes this evening. A truly beautiful, beautifully made car. They only made 300 or so of them.

G

mazor

Not sure how the iPhone does it, but when it comes to panorama captures and auto image stitching, the results are quite impressive.

This is a panorama of a tea plantation north of Chiang Rai. It comes to no surprise there is a cafe on the plantation which serves very nice tea.