The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IPhone Photos

Elderly

This could be interpreted as a self portrait of my wife and I (if you can have a self portrait of two people :D).

But what it is, is an illustration of the DREADFUL way that the 'World Press Photo of the Year' competition is displayed at the Royal Festival Hall in London.

The lighting is shocking! The shadows of the viewers are cast onto the display boards on many photos.

Almost all of the display boards are in pairs placed at right angles to each other,
and so it is impossible to view a single board without getting in the way of somebody else trying to look at the other board (at right angles) at the same time - I hope I've made that point clear?

Yes, there were some very moving and excellent images there,
but bearing in mind the privileged access to all that's happened in the world that the world's press photographers had over a 12 month period - I left disappointed.

Last edited:

Godfrey

Still enjoying being in Cork...
Japanese for dinner this evening. :)

Sakura! - Cork 2017
IPhone 6

Enjoy!
G

Last edited:

Godfrey

Happy New Year!

Spent New Years on the Isle of Man ... chillin' out with my friends on a blustery, cold, wet day. So I decided to teach myself some video stuff with the iPhone and iPad, made this:

https://youtu.be/75K3Wl8dGG4

Enjoy! G

mazor

Wow like the cinematic black and white effect applied.

Audio is also very good. Excellent stereo separation with the sound of rain playing back on the iPhone x
Where did you get the rain sound track? Pretty certain iPhones do not natively record such lovely stereo audio?

Been thinking of taking my 808 for a bit of a spin since it seems to tether to the iPhone x better than my SE, so am able to email full resolution images to my iPhone x to edit and share online.

Godfrey

Thanks!

• Capture of the boat clip was done with iPhone 6, of the tree with iPad Pro 9x7.
  • The effects were produced with the app "8mm Vintage Camera" and the video was edited with "Reel Director II" ... available together in a bundle for iPhone and iPad.
  • Rain sound was ambient recorded, overlaid on the projector simulation.
  • Music by Ólafur Arnalds: "Gleypa Okkur".

I was impressed with how easy and quick it was to learn Reel Director II ... first time I've used it. I'll be using it more ... I like these sorts of things. :)

mazor

Took this not too long ago. Again portrait mode for capturing cat portraits.

Last edited: