The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IPhone Photos

Godfrey

Just configured a new iPhone 8 Plus ()RED special edition...
I picked the Plus model mostly to get the dual cameras and image stabilization features. :)

Snapped a first photo of Felipe and I, ran it through Shake-It Photo to get the Polaroid image processing and framing simulation. Looking darn good!

enjoy!
G

Godfrey

The massive wind tunnel of the Ames Research Center at Moffett Field in Mountain View, CA:

A hand-held panorama made from the bay side of Moffett Field.

This panorama is best seen near full resolution, where you can see the aerodrome hangers, classic Hangar 4 skeleton, and the wind tunnel against the backdrop of the Santa Cruz Mountains:

This original image exposure is about 8.4 Mbytes in size, and over 10,000 pixels wide.

All with iPhone 8 Plus.

enjoy!
G

ptomsu

Workshop Member
The massive wind tunnel of the Ames Research Center at Moffett Field in Mountain View, CA:

A hand-held panorama made from the bay side of Moffett Field.

This panorama is best seen near full resolution, where you can see the aerodrome hangers, classic Hangar 4 skeleton, and the wind tunnel against the backdrop of the Santa Cruz Mountains:

This original image exposure is about 8.4 Mbytes in size, and over 10,000 pixels wide.

All with iPhone 8 Plus.

enjoy!
G
Godfrey,

many thanks for this post!

Reminds me so much of the many years I had a view of this area when driving to/from San Jose/SFO while working for Cisco. Must have done this some 200++ times :D:p:cool:

Great memories anyway! :thumbs:

Peter

Godfrey

Godfrey,

many thanks for this post!

Reminds me so much of the many years I had a view of this area when driving to/from San Jose/SFO while working for Cisco. Must have done this some 200++ times :D:p:cool:

Great memories anyway! :thumbs:

Peter
You're welcome!

Yes, I have great memories of Moffett Field and NASA Ames too. When I worked for the Jet Propulsion Laboratory on an aircraft-based imaging radar project, our science plane was based there so I spent many wonderful weeks flying up from Pasadena, running the radar in flight, then flying home with the data at the end of the day to process the images and see how the radar machinery was working. I spent a lot of time on that field, and used to sneak into the Wind Tunnel whenever there was interesting stuff going on. :)

Fun fun fun ...!

G

Internaut

Shots from the Huawei P20 (not the larger, Pro model). The colour shots processed from DNG in Lightroom CC. Monochrome photos are SOOC (Camera has an extra monochrome sensor) with minimal adjustments in Snapseed.

NQ by Jason Hindle, on Flickr

Metrolink X 2 by Jason Hindle, on Flickr

The Salisbury
by Jason Hindle, on Flickr

IWM North

Cornbrook Bridge by Jason Hindle, on Flickr

The Lock Keeper’s House by Jason Hindle, on Flickr

Rochdale Canal

P20 raw capture in LRCC. by Jason Hindle, on Flickr

Lowry Bridge by Jason Hindle, on Flickr

Godfrey

Shots from the Huawei P20 (not the larger, Pro model). The colour shots processed from DNG in Lightroom CC. Monochrome photos are SOOC (Camera has an extra monochrome sensor) with minimal adjustments in Snapseed.
Nice photos for sure.

But I have to wonder why you chose to post to the iPhone Photos thread with photos from some other kind of smartphone as opposed to creating a thread for enthusiasts and users who have that kind of phone. If the thread was named "Smartphone Photos" I could see anyone pitching in here, but the title is pretty specific.

G

Godfrey

A quick pano from the iPhone 8 Plus, just about straight out of the camera other than the border:

Location is between Salinas and Gilroy in California, just a fast rest stop by Highway 101, in the area of San Juan Bautista. Looking northwest ...

Enjoy!

G

drunkenspyder

Tidal pool at the Bora Bora reef.

iPhone X panorama cropped and restitched. Obviously, not straight out of the camera. ;-)

Godfrey

I'm pretty impressed by just how good the camera in the iPhone 8 Plus is ...
Quick hand-held pano snap as I crossed the Mary Avenue pedestrian bridge on my bicycle yesterday:

iPhone 8 Plus
ISO 25 @ f/1.8 @ 1/4400 @ 3.99mm

enjoy!
G

Godfrey

The cactus on the patio blossomed again this morning. :)

iPhone 8 Plus
ISO 25 @ f/1.8 @ 1/30 @ 3.99mm

It's such a funky looking plant, and it makes these amazing blossoms every year.

enjoy!
G

Godfrey

I had a fun day yesterday visiting the San Francisco Museum Of Modern Art with a friend. We spent most of our visit in the Magritte exhibition ... which I strongly recommend to anyone in the area who enjoys fantastic art of any kind.

It was a bit of an inspiration when I came across this room full of superb constructions. I just had to do a take on it from the perspective of re-capturing it with a surrealist meme floating in my head... :)

iPhone 8 Plus
ISO 400 @ f/1.8 @ 1/120 @ 3.99mm

enjoy!
G

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I had a fun day yesterday visiting the San Francisco Museum Of Modern Art with a friend. We spent most of our visit in the Magritte exhibition ... which I strongly recommend to anyone in the area who enjoys fantastic art of any kind.

It was a bit of an inspiration when I came across this room full of superb constructions. I just had to do a take on it from the perspective of re-capturing it with a surrealist meme floating in my head... :)

G
Some 10 years since I last visited MOMA San Francisco - and I had a great time there :thumbup:

Thanks for remembering I should return sooner than later :D

Best

Peter

rayyan

Mt. Elbrus. Russia, in the Caucasus Range. The tallest mountain in Europe and the 10th most prominent peak in the world.
Altitude 5642 meters.

An acclimatizing stop. Ayesha is at 4200 meters today.

The climb to the summit shall be attempted starting at 0300 hrs tomorrow, weather permitting.

Lloyd

Mt. Elbrus. Russia, in the Caucasus Range. The tallest mountain in Europe and the 10th most prominent peak in the world.
Altitude 5642 meters.

An acclimatizing stop. Ayesha is at 4200 meters today.

The climb to the summit shall be attempted starting at 0300 hrs tomorrow, weather permitting.
Glad to see that she is still climbing. How did summit day go?

Godfrey

Outside my doctor's office door, a mourning dove has built a nest and is raising two fledglings now.

iPhone 8 Plus
ISO 50 @ f/2.8 @ 1/50 @ 6.6mm

Enjoy!
G