The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IPhone Photos

Frankly

On a practical level I use the phone whenever I disassemble something new so I can refer back to see where parts go, etc. especially good for guns and electronics. I also use it to read my water meter which is underneath a sink in the dark darkroom (turn the phone light on, blindly take a shot and I usually get the numbers on the first try). But most useful is that I now pretty much photograph all the junk I swap on eBay and forums. The iPhone photos, reduced to ~1800 pixels, show just enough detail to be descriptive without being overly sharp or showing distracting dust. With the super camera every dust spec shows and even though I have a million positive feedbacks the proles will ask me whether the glass is clean, etc. so it's better just to show a smooth shot so they don't get hung up on nothing.

Beater Leica II with beater Nickel Elmar. Everything works well but the original 84-year old covering stunk of sweat and cigarettes (I guess? I hope the original owner wasn't an axe murderer) so I stripped it. I've had various recovering materials before but they always look too perfect so I'm going to see how well paper photographic tape works. Might put another layer on and let it age a bit.

Attachments

rayyan

Phillipines. Starting the climb to the Taal Volcano. Batangas.
Take a boat across the Lake. Then climb, ride a mule or a horse to the top.

rayyan

The Taal Volcano across the Taal Lake at dusk.

While eating pizza at the Yellow Cab Pizza Company!

The taller peak at the back is the volcano.

iiiNelson

Do you feel lucky?
H&K? I assume so cuz that sorta looks like their polygonal barrel and the bottom magazine of the P30/HK45/VP series... but the FNP's look sorta like them too.

On a side note, how do you like the fiber optic front sights?

Godfrey

Under the Meridan Line - Greenwich, London 2018
iPhone 8 Plus

A day wandering the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, my friend and I sighted the laser line projected by the Observatory to mark the prime meridian in the sky for all to see. It was stunning!

G

East is east, West is west, and here the twain shall meet.

Godfrey

I had a grand time visiting friends in Massachusetts and Rhode Island once I returned to the USA. Not too much going on photographically, but I liked this iPhone 8 Plus photograph I made on the Cape Cod coast as evening started to descend:

As Evening Begins - Eastham, Massachusetts 2018

Enjoy!
G

jotloob

Subscriber Member
One from a todays walk . I don't know the name , but it looked beautiful .
Some development in ON1 PHOTO RAW .

1595.jpg