The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IPhone Photos

Elderly

Should this be in (my) iPhone (5) Photos, or his whatever phone he's using,
or Fun with Nikon (f), or Fun with Analogue, or Artful Images ???????????:D

Godfrey

iPhone 8 Plus
Rendered with ShakeIt Photo app

Best Polaroid SX-70 emulation I've found so far!

G

LaurentMartin

here is five hacks tips (curated from experts) to help you get the most out of your iPhone camera:

1. Lock focus and exposure
  2. Get night/low light right
  3. Use the grid and the ‘Rule Of Thirds’
  4. Prevent blurry shots
  5. Take a series of quick pictures with ‘Burst’ mode

JoelM

The moon was amazing this morning before it set. Unfortunately, lunar detail wasn't possible and I would need my other camera to get it, but the iPhone pic I took surprised me. It was one handed, holding a 62lb Samoyed on the leash with the other hand, but I think it turned out okay. I used the 2x option. This is in a San Diego suburb at about 5:15 am and it was about 40 degree F.

Joel

IMG_0571.jpg

Godfrey

Just back from a 3 week cruise in the Caribbean. Most of the images were taken with an iPhone X and a few with the Sony RX1RII. Sample image below from the iPhone X. ...
A lovely shot, Carl! And I like your whole album... :)

I was in the Caribbean for a week-long cruise at the beginning of February and found I used the iPhone 8 Plus quite a lot too, only other camera with me was the Light L16. The iPhone 8 was/is a lot easier to use and to get the results out and shared than the L16, and for some purposes the quality isn't any different. It can be remarkable, actually. The only real issue with the iPhone as a camera is its ergonomics in use: it's just not as easy to hold steadily, or frame precisely, or use quickly, as a 'real' camera is. The L16 has some of these same issues, actually, but to a much lesser degree because of its shape with a nice grip. I end up wanting to fit a grip or put either on a support frequently.

But that doesn't stop the iPhone making some nice photos at all ... :)
From Nassau:

iPhone 8 Plus

enjoy!
G

scho

A lovely shot, Carl! And I like your whole album... :)

I was in the Caribbean for a week-long cruise at the beginning of February and found I used the iPhone 8 Plus quite a lot too, only other camera with me was the Light L16. The iPhone 8 was/is a lot easier to use and to get the results out and shared than the L16, and for some purposes the quality isn't any different. It can be remarkable, actually. The only real issue with the iPhone as a camera is its ergonomics in use: it's just not as easy to hold steadily, or frame precisely, or use quickly, as a 'real' camera is. The L16 has some of these same issues, actually, but to a much lesser degree because of its shape with a nice grip. I end up wanting to fit a grip or put either on a support frequently.

But that doesn't stop the iPhone making some nice photos at all ... :)
From Nassau:

iPhone 8 Plus

enjoy!
G
Thanks Godfrey. I thought before leaving that I would use the Sony more, but it did not work out that way for me. The iPhone proved to be far more useful on this trip, for the same reasons that you brought out from your experience. I've already made a few nice prints from the iPhone files well as the Sony images. At 12x16 to 13x19 print quality is essentially the same.

Godfrey

The Busy Cafe – San Jose 2019
iPhone 8 Plus + Moment 18mm :: raw capture
Snapseed

enjoy,
G

Godfrey

My usual bicycle was in the shop, so I pulled my folding bicycle out of the closet yesterday and took a nice ride down to the cafe for my afternoon coffee...

Brommie and Me - San Jose 2019
iPhone 8 Plus + Moment 18mm

enjoy, G